Asbestos Air Monitoring
EAPL holds full NATA ISO 17025 accreditation for the undertaking and analysis of airborne respirable fibres on membrane filters in workplaces or ambient air.
EAPL’s experienced analysts carry out atmospheric monitoring for airborne asbestos fibres in accordance with Work Safe Australia’s Guidance Note on the Membrane Filter Method for Estimating Airborne Asbestos Fibres 2nd Edition, NOHSC:3003 (2005) and the UK HSG 248 and in-house procedures, using Phase Contrast Microscopy (PCM).
Samples are analysed on site in NATA accredited Field Laboratories or submitted for certified analysis to our main NATA accredited testing facility.
Asbestos air monitoring is required during all friable (Class A) asbestos removal and for non-friable (“bonded”) asbestos removal where risk assessment indicates that airborne asbestos fibres may result from the removal activity.
Types of Asbestos Air Monitoring
The main types of asbestos air monitoring are:
- Background Monitoring (measure the air for respirable fibres before removal/remediation work)
- Exposure Monitoring (Personal monitoring for exposure to respirable asbestos fibres)
- Control Monitoring (measure the effectiveness of control measures during remediation/removal)
- Clearance Monitoring (measure airborne asbestos fibres within Asbestos Work Area after remediation/removal)
Assurance of Quality
As an additional assurance of service quality, as well as NATA accreditation to ISO 17025 & 17020, EAPL’s Integrated Management System is also accredited to the following Australian and international standards:
- Quality: AS/NZS ISO 9001: 2008
- Health and Safety: AS/NZS 4801: 2001 and OHSAS 18001: 2007
- Environmental: AS/NZS ISO 14001: 2004
Accredited for compliance with ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17020
Why Choose Emission Assessments (EAPL) to carry out your Asbestos Air Monitoring?
- EAPL is a NATA accredited testing facility for Asbestos Fibre Counting and Asbestos Fibre Identification in materials and soil
- EAPL’s Asbestos Air Monitoring reports are NATA endorsed
- EAPL’s Certificates of Analysis are presented in easily understood format
- EAPL holds $10m of professional indemnity insurance & $20m of public liability insurance
To seek Asbestos Air Monitoring advice or to discuss any Asbestos related matter contact EAPL on: