EAPL holds full NATA ISO 17020 accreditation for undertaking surveys of buildings for Hazardous Materials. This includes collecting samples of suspected asbestos-containing materials (ACM) for subsequent analysis in our NATA accredited laboratory and the preparation and issue of NATA endorsed Registers and Management Plans.
EAPL’s experienced surveyors carry out inspections in accordance with:
- AS/NZS ISO/IEC 17020:2013 for the inspection of hazardous materials including asbestos
- General Criteria for the Operation of Various Types of Bodies Performing Inspection (ISO/IEC17020:2012)
- UK HSG 264 – Asbestos: The Survey Guide,
- UK HSG 227- A comprehensive guide to Managing Asbestos in premises
- NATA Accredited in-house procedures
Collected samples are analysed in our NATA accredited laboratory in accordance with:
- Method for the Qualitative Identification of Asbestos Containing Materials (AS4964),
- UK HSG 248 – Asbestos, The Analysts Guide for Sampling, Analysis and Clearance Procedures
- NATA Accredited in-house procedures, using Polarised Light Microscopy (PLM) and Dispersion Staining (DS)
Assurance of Quality
For the purposes of inspection, EAPL is a Type A Inspection Body: i.e. not linked to any party directly involved in design, manufacture, ownership, use or maintenance of the establishments it surveys.
As an additional assurance of service quality, as well as NATA accreditation to ISO 17025 & 17020, EAPL’s Integrated Management System is also accredited to the following Australian and international standards:
- Quality: AS/NZS ISO 9001: 2008
- Health and Safety: AS/NZS 4801: 2001 and OHSAS 18001: 2007
- Environmental: AS/NZS ISO 14001: 2004
Accredited for compliance with ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17020
Why Choose Emission Assessments (EAPL) to carry out your Asbestos and HazMat Surveys?
- EAPL is a NATA accredited TYPE A Inspection Body
- EAPL’s Asbestos & HazMat Surveys, Asbestos & HazMat Registers and Asbestos & HazMat Management Plans are NATA endorsed
- EAPL’s Asbestos & HazMat Surveys, Asbestos & HazMat Registers and Asbestos & HazMat Management Plans comply with the national Code of Practice and Chapter 8 of the model Work, Health and Safety Regulations (2011).
- EAPL’s reports are presented in easily understood format
- EAPL is a NATA accredited testing facility for Asbestos Fibre Counting and Asbestos Fibre Identification in materials and soil
- EAPL holds $10m of professional indemnity insurance & $20m of public liability insurance
EAPL will conduct a free desktop audit to ensure an existing HazMat or Asbestos Register and/or Management Plan complies with current regulations.
Read more about our surveys, registers and management plans:
To organise a desktop audit or arrange an HAZMAT or Asbestos Survey Contact EAPL on: